Sunday, October 7, 2007

A Lot of Things

We will start out with an overview (in list form):
  1. I saw the president of Iran. Apparently...the United States Mission to the UN is in my office building. Jacob and I just assumed the UN security outside were just there to keep the neighborhood safe (not true). The Iranian Mission to the UN is right next door. So Jacob and I were going to lunch and there were a lot of people gathered on the sidewalk and a huge motorcade with A LOT of armed men. Next thing we know, the President of Iran is coming out right in front of us. That was an interesting experience given the fact that he was causing quite a stir in New York at the time. When we saw him, he was on his way to speak at Columbia, if you hadn't heard about that already.
  2. I have been able to work at a couple very luxurious venues in the last couple weeks. As a result I am collecting water bottles from those locations. This might sound weird to you, but the water bottles they have at some really fancy hotels are nicer than the cups that Jacob and I use in our apartment. The bottles are fancy glass bottles and in the store this bottle of water would cost like ten dollars. On the other hand, Jacob and I wash plastic Solo cups to reuse every day. You would keep the water bottles as well.
  3. I am a New York Yankees fan now. It is as simple as that. The game that I went to was awesome. Unfortunately though, at this moment, they are down in the series against the Indians and if they lose tonight, they are out.
  4. I had a great weekend with my Aunt Mary and Uncle Pat and Julia, Meg, and Johnny. My camera went dead so I dont have any pictures but hopefully Aunt Mary will send some to me! (Please send some pictures Aunt Mary).

No comments: